Um, someone thinks a college student, in his or her free time, is going to provide the professional services described here?
New Concept Start-Up Seeks Interns (Soho Office)
Date: 2010-01-28, 11:38AM EST
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
February, March & Spring Internship Program Seeking 4 interns; 10-20 hours per week.
Pop Bar, LLC is traditional handcrafted gelato served in a unique way. We are a start-up restaurant and will be opening our first location in mid-April 2010. Our office is based in Soho (5 blocks from NYU).
We offer year-round semester long internships.
The internship is unpaid. Interns will have the opportunity to apply for paid part-time positions at Pop Bar once the internship is completed.
Description of the internship:
The focus of the internship is to assist the founders with tasks associated with the opening of our first Pop Bar location.
Sample tasks include:
• collaborating on PR campaigns
• assist with marketing brochures
• conduct product research
• prepare strategic analysis of competitors
• plan, strategize and conduct off-site sampling
• conduct market research
• managing social networks
• conduct financial modeling
• assisting with manual creation (experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Illustrator)
Interns will have continuous interaction with senior level management and the intern will be directly supervised by the founders and director of operations allowing for consistent face-to-face meetings at the top level of the company. This internship is a great training ground for students in business, finance, marketing, human resource management, entrepreneurial studies, English and pre-law.
Qualifications: A strong interest in hospitality, business, customer service and a resourceful mind.
Send a resume and cover letter to: PopBarInterns@gmail.com
1. Why you want to be a part of this exciting new concept?
2. Your perception of italian gelato and how it fits into the American Culture.
3. What are you passionate about?
- Location: Soho Office
- it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
- Compensation: no pay